I Inspire experience educators and experienced professionals to realize their unique passions and qualifications, and provide them with strength, resources, and strategies to achieve their job search or career transition.
I have a background in recruiting and career development spanning over 20 years. As many of my clients, however, I came to a point where the career that I had worked so hard to build wasn’t working for me anymore. It was one of those “a-ha” moments! I realized that my true passion was using my expertise to help others. That’s why I started coaching… to assist others in living their true passion!
Who I Work With
I work with experienced professionals of the Boomer Generation who are unemployed, under-employed or planning a career transition.
- Even in the worst economies, the best prepared candidates find jobs.
- Each person is gifted with innate passions, talents, and strengths. It is your right, perhaps even your obligation, to use your unique gifts to better yourself and others.
- You can’t control others: you can only control your own attitudes, actions, and beliefs. Accepting responsibility for your career has always been important. Now it’s essential.
- Mistakes can be a growth experience.
- The more you give to others, the more you will receive.
- People enjoy helping others, but they are much more willing to help someone they know.
- Life is too short to waste in an occupation, or career that you don’t love!
- You’ll never reach your destination without creating a strategic “road map.” Otherwise you’ll waste a lot of time on the way to nowhere.
- Courage is it’s own reward.
- Live each day in the moment. You can’t change yesterday or predict tomorrow, but you can live today to the fullest!
- Cited in Who’s Who in technology (Education Category) three years in a row by Crain’s Cleveland Business Online.
- Created a centralized career site for fourteen regional colleges and universities to combine job listings in one place. Students from all schools could easily access and apply for job openings.
- Cited by the Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education for co-founding the Northeast Ohio Career Consortium.
- Presented at regional and national associations for career, employer relations, and internships.
Education/ and Certifications
- Certified Career Management Coach from The Academies.
- Ph.D. in Higher Education from The Florida State University – Specializing in vocational counseling.
- Masters of Science in Counseling and Human Services – Vocational Counseling track from The Florida State University.
- Bachelor of Arts in Language Arts from The University of Florida.